Monday, August 31, 2015

And There Was Much Rejoicing

Did you hear that?


Did you hear that?  That was the sound of my dog and I dancing around in the kitchen.  We're both so glad to be done editing India by Faith for now.  We have a whole month with no editing!  The manuscript has been sent off to my volunteer editors.  I've asked them to be done by the end of September and then I'll do final edits in October and publish in November.

There's such a euphoric relief in my heart right now.  This is the joy that comes of months of editing and angst.  I wish I could bottle it up and remind myself of how this bliss feels.  

And I have plans for my extra time now.  Lunches out, shopping, selling stuff online, cleaning....wait.  Since when was cleaning a good thing?  Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to the yarn shop and maybe the mall and have a lunch date on the phone with my Minnesota writing friend, Linda.  We've had a standing 1st Tuesday of the month lunch date and we're not letting 800 miles stop that.  

Time to get ready since hubby and I are going out to celebrate.  Even though we're doing $5.99 burgers at Applebee's with a $10 gift card, it's still fun.  I might even splurge for an Arnold Palmer and carmel pretzels for dessert.  Livin' it up in Billings!


No comments:

Post a Comment