Some people in a facebook group asked about ideas on jobs that they could do at home. Quite a few people posted about home sales parties or multi-level marketing jobs. I suggested writing ebooks.
I've done the home party thing before and it works fine if you can stick with it and run it as a business, not a hobby. But then every week, I'd have to go out a few times, do a party, sell stuff, order more supplies, manage the books (my weak point), arrange more parties, then start all over again for a few hundred dollars a week. For me, it's easier to get a real job.
Home parties are continuous effort with continuous money. Ebooks are effort up front, royalties later.
Here's some basic steps in how to write an ebook:
- Think of an idea of a book that you can write, right now.
- Write the best book you can
- Edit the book until you're sick of it
- Send the book to trusted people who can give you editing advice and/or hire an editor
- Make the final edits and format your book for the epublishing venue of choice (kindle, smashwords, nook, etc.)
- Design your cover or hire someone to do it for you - make sure it's professional looking
- Put it all together and publish your book
- Tell everyone you know about your book and why they need to buy it and review it
- Market your book
- Watch the sales come in and think of an idea of a book that you can write, right now.
Repeat steps until you run out of ideas of things to write or until you die - whichever comes first.