Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fresh Start




Last week I managed to get to one of the two coffee shop writing appointments.  I was half successful and much better than the weeks before that.  This is a new week, fresh with possibilities.

The start of year is fresh like that too.  By this time, many New Year's Resolutions have already gone by the wayside.  I don't make resolutions.  Instead, I assign a theme to each year such as the year of "capturing dreams" or of "lightening up."  Whatever comes my way that year, does it align with that year's theme?  If not, out it goes.

I'm not sure yet what this year's theme will be, maybe it will come by the end of the month.  Maybe it'll be the year of the coffee shops.

As for writing, I'd like to complete the India book by my birthday in March.  After that, I'm not sure if it'll be another non-fiction memoir or a fiction.  There's always ideas for stories, it's just sitting down and doing it that's the harder part.  It's a painful joy at times but well worth it in the end.  Starting a new story is in a way, a fresh start too.  A clean document with no mistakes in it, for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment