Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Ups and Downs of Sales


I noticed something different in my stats last month.  No borrows were reported.  I thought that was odd since it had quite a few last month.  And then I realized, somewhere along the way, I had either not renewed it or had taken that option off.  I have no memory of this, so I'm probably not the best person at keeping track of my publishing options (there's a newsflash for you).

What I did see was a jump in sales.  This confirms my dilemma that I posted about in August about A Royalty Pain.  I've decided to no longer have Knitting by Faith in the lending library or any other program of that sort for now.  My last royalties were small with the "pennies for page" payout on the borrowed books.

And of course, once I decided on this, my book sales dropped.  But I'll let this play out for a month or two and see how it goes.  Someday when I have a nice back list, I'll have at least one book available for lending.  But in order to have a back list I need to get back into writing.

My September sabbatical was over yesterday.  I've gotten half the feedback back from my frienditors (friend editors).  Final editing will commence shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment