Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire


Last night in a discipleship group during prayer, one person mentioned that she felt a heaviness that we needed to break through of.  We talked about it and eventually we prayed for God to put His finger on and reveal what He wants us to work on.  Not to shame us or to show how bad we are.  Rather so we can work through things.  We prayed for the lies that we believe to revealed.

Earlier that night I had asked for prayer to help me finish my book.  I felt like I was stuck.  When we prayed about revealing the lies, they suddenly came out of my mouth.

I can't do it.

It's too hard.

Who am I to write about spiritual experiences in India to inspire others?

It's too big.

I can do it later.



As soon as I spoke those phrases aloud, I knew they were the lies I believed when I wrote, or put off writing.  Suddenly I felt lighter as if they had been lifted.  Facing those lies and examining them has taken them off my shoulders.

Because I know that God has given me these gifts.  He has gathered them together for me to open and use.  It does no good just to admire the pretty wrappings and set them on the shelf.  For to truly accept a gift into my life, I must take it out and use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment