Knitting by Faith was published a year ago and a day. This little book has gone out there with my hope and prayers. Many times I've prayed while writing and publishing that God would use this book for His glory and not mine. And here's what God has done with it this last year:
- Ranked the #1 knitting book for kindle
- Almost continually on the top 100 knitting books for kindle
- Ranked in the top 100 inspirational books for kindle
- Ranked in the top 100 knitting books
- Sold over 1,100 copies
- 22 reviews with a 5 star average rating
- 5 popular highlighted sections
- Pinned on pinterest
- Featured in an ereader girl list
But it's not the statistics that I enjoy most, it's the personal comments from people. I've heard that it was part of a church's knitting group. Yesterday on the anniversary, a friend from a previous church started reading it and is including it in part of her devotions. It's stories like these that mean more than being ranked #1. Although that ranking is fun, too.
This process started before I was a teenager when I wrote my first book. But long before that, God put inside of me the dream to write. And so, I encourage you to follow the dreams that God has given you whether it's writing, painting, rock climbing, accounting, etc.. Listen to that dream and let God lead you. The journey may not be perfect, but He's perfecting something inside of you.