Thursday, March 21, 2013

Not Done Yet

In the "falling action" of putting Knitting by Faith up on kindle, I had temporarily forgotten that I wasn't done with it yet.  When I first started down this ePublishing road, I decided to go for Amazon kindle publication first.  After that, I would meander over to Smashwords and then have it available for other readers and formats.  And finally, put out a print on demand version via CreateSpace.

That means I'm only 1/3 of the way done with this publishing business and still have a couple more learning curves to navigate.  Did I mention that this is a lot of work?  Fortunately, the next two steps will be a little easier.  The content is in place and I'm no longer fussing over the book.  I only need to figure out how to put it out there and release it.

A lot of time is going into this guinea pig of a book.  If I had put the same amount of hours in at a burger joint, I could probably pay a mortgage payment by now.  I just have to keep reminding myself that this one is not about money, it's about the process.

Sales rankings:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #28,977 Paid in Kindle Store
#7 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Knitting
#77 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Knitting
#88 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Inspirational

3rd day in the top 20 knitting books for kindle.  I don't think that's too shabby for a first attempt.  Plus I have a review now.  Still not enough for a royalty deposit, but maybe in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment