Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reviews

The Agra Fort at night - because I wanted to add a picture and this was as good as any.  So there.
After reading my post again from yesterday, I thought, why did I like that book if I didn't like much about it?  Truth it, I wasn't liking it anymore.  And I had started reading it while I was sick.  Usually when I'm sick, I like to watch or read stuff that doesn't take much brain power.  And now that the brain was functioning again, the book was toast.

I wrote a thoughtful review though only 3 stars (sorry!).  I don't like to write those reviews, yet in good conscience, I couldn't give a better one.  I'm no Harriet Klaussen who gives good grades to all her students.

Then, I realized something.  I have been writing, just not my story.  Reviews!  I'm writing responses to other people's writings.  In order to do that, I must be spending a lot of time reading other people's writings.  And in order to do that, it takes time away from my writing.  Duh.

I need to take a break from reading so much.  But it's hard to do that when my kindle is like an overly affectionate cat.  I sit down and there it is, right next to me or in my hand.  I open my purse, and it's purring all cozy inside.  When I go to bed, it demands to be petted, er, read until I cry uncle and go to sleep bleary eyed.

Why do I do this?  I'd rather not think too deeply on that for now, after all it's 2:30am  here.  But I know that it needs to stop.  That, and staying up too late.  (Nevermind that I've been sick and my routine is off kilter.)

So, if you want to read some of my writings, then here's a link to my reviews.  May you be much less honest, in a good way to me when I start writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment