Friday, May 11, 2012

The Numbers

A truly uncomplicated maze.
I never was strong when working with numbers.  Give me words and I flourish.  Give me numbers, and well, it's not pretty.

So, last night when I was up so late, I miscalculated.  I actually have 2 more chapters to finish before I'm done with my draft.  A little disappointing, but it's really not so bad.  I may work on another tonight and have the other done by Monday.  That would make me 3 weeks early on my deadline.  Then the 2nd draft!

My friend Amy asked me why I thought it would take another month to do the 2nd draft.  I think that I don't know what I'm talking about yet.  It seems like it should take longer, but my "book" is really one of those short little gifty type books.  I am pretty sure that I am making this process more complicated than it really is.

On the other hand, I want to do the best I can in my revisions.  I don't want to open the ebook and cringe at typos and badly worded sentences.  And down the road, I definitely don't want to be ashamed of my first effort.  Maybe nostalgic and how naive I was, but not ashamed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment